OSERS Meeting Schedule
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
Thursday, September 2, 2021, at 4:00 p.m.
1. Roll Call
2. Action on the Election of Board Officer for OSERS
3. Action on August 5, 2021, Regular Meeting Minutes
4. Discussion on Financial Statements – July 2021
5. Discussion / Action Ice Miller Compliance Audit Update
6. Action on the Resolution for Assigning Signatories for OSERS
7. Discussion / Action on the Disposition of OSERS Courtesy Fund Held at the Omaha Public School Foundation
8. Discussion on “Regular Interest” Pursuant to Neb. Rev. Stat. sec. 79-978(30) for FY 2022
9. Discussion / Action on Virtual Attendance for Trustee and/or Staff to Attend the National Council Teachers Retirement (NCTR) Annual Conference (Doc_1, Doc_2)
10. Discussion on Proposed Amendments/Edits to Principals and Positions of NCTR
11. Executive Director’s Report
12. Trustee’s Report
13. Discussion / Actions on Payroll, Retirements, Deaths, Refunds & A/P
14. The OSERS Transition Board of Trustees is authorized by state statute to hold closed sessions. Closed sessions may be held when clearly necessary for the protection of the public interest or for the prevention of needless injury to the reputation of an individual. Reasons that meet this standard include but are not limited to: (a) strategy sessions with respect to collective bargaining, real estate matters, pending litigation, or litigation which is imminent as evidenced by communication of a claim or threat of litigation to or by the public body; (b) discussion regarding deployment of security personnel or devices; (c) investigative proceedings regarding allegations of criminal misconduct; (d) evaluation of the job performance of a person when necessary to prevent needless injury to the reputation of a person and if such person has not requested a public meeting; and (e) legal advice.
Next Meeting: Thursday, October 7, 2021
Public Comment is open for the February, May, August and November Retirement Board meetings only. Any other request or matter to come before the Retirement Board will be listed as an Agenda item. Public comment is an opportunity for the public to address the Retirement Board with comments and opinions.
Agenda items are subject to reordering at discretion of the board president, please attend the entire meeting to ensure you're able to hear any discussion.